Continuous Care LVN Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable continuous care LVN to monitor our patients and report changes in their condition. In this role, your duties will include administering treatment under the supervision of registered nurses, updating patient files, and instructing families on patient care.
To ensure success, continuous care LVNs should possess extensive experience in providing nursing services and a collaborative approach in executing treatment plans. Accomplished candidates proactively facilitate healthcare interventions and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of patients and their families.
Continuous Care LVN Responsibilities:
- Providing nursing services to patients under the supervision of registered nurses.
- Traveling to patient locations to administer bedside care.
- Assessing treatment plans and coordinating patient care with interdisciplinary health professionals.
- Measuring and recording vital signs, including blood pressure, heart rate, and pulse oximetry.
- Administering pain or symptom management medication as required.
- Evaluating patients' responses to treatments and medications, as well as facilitating appropriate interventions when required.
- Instructing families and caregivers on patient care and addressing concerns in a sensitive manner.
- Updating and maintaining patient files and medical records.
- Performing other duties as instructed by the RN.
- Adhering to best practices in nursing and pursuing continued professional development.
Continuous Care LVN Requirements:
- State-licensed LVN/LPN.
- Certified in CPR and certification in IV therapy would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a continuous care LVN, or similar.
- Proficiency in electronic health record management systems, such as Axxess Hospice and gEHRiMed.
- Ability to follow treatment instructions, collaborate on patient care, and document processes.
- Advanced ability to evaluate and treat patients, and facilitate appropriate interventions.
- Experience in providing families with patient care information and support.
- Willingness and the ability to travel to patient locations.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in providing continuous nursing care.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to support patients and their families.