Also known as Continuous Care Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Continuous Care Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) ensure that patients in need of continued bedside care receive dedicated nursing services. They perform nursing duties at healthcare facilities, family homes, and hospices. Their responsibilities also include coordinating treatment plans with Registered Nurses.
When interviewing Continuous Care LVNs, outstanding candidates will possess extensive experience in providing continuous nursing care and ensuring patient comfort. Be wary of candidates who lack the ability to collaborate with others and those with limited interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Continuous Care LVNs:
1. Can you describe your steps in evaluating patient responses to medications?
Assesses the candidate's clinical knowledge and experience, as well as whether they follow appropriate procedures.
2. In your experience, which cases require close collaboration in providing care?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and their knowledge of when collaboration is appropriate.
3. Tell me about the first challenging case you dealt with. What did you learn?
Evaluates experience and reveals whether the scenario described aligns with job expectations.
4. A family is upset because a patient's pain medication cannot be increased. How do you react?
Higlights the candidate's interpersonal skills and their mindfulness of the distress that family members experience.
5. Can you explain your recordkeeping practices?
Tests the candidate's approach to recordkeeping and reveals their knowledge of electronic health record management software.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources