Content specialist research content and consumer trends, develop content strategies, and create content for a variety of businesses in both print and digital media. They work closely with design and marketing teams to ensure that the content is engaging and consistent across all media platforms.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Content Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a savvy content specialist to guide and develop the content creation process for our brand. As a content specialist, you will be required to research and define desired target audiences, manage the content creation and publishing process, and monitor consumer and content metrics.
To ensure success as a content specialist, you should show a keen eye for detail and be highly creative. A skilled content specialist should be expert storytellers and possess excellent knowledge of consumer and content trends.
Content Specialist Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the creative, marketing, and design teams to ideate and define content goals.
- Researching content and consumer trends to ensure that content is relevant and appealing.
- Developing content strategies to effectively reach the desired target audience and marketing goals.
- Creating content for a variety of platforms including blogs, websites, and social media.
- Proofreading and editing content before publishing.
- Ensuring that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented.
- Managing content calendars and ensuring that the content remains consistent across all platforms.
- Coordinating with the marketing, design, and writing teams to ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
- Tracking consumer and content analytics and generating reports and presentations.
- Keeping up to date with content trends, consumer preferences, and advancements in technology.
Content Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or similar.
- A minimum of three years of experience in content creation, marketing, communications, or similar.
- A portfolio of published work.
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- Good knowledge of content and layout design tools such as Adobe InCopy and InDesign.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office and Google Suite.
- Good knowledge of various content platforms such as social media, blogs, and print media.
- Strong understanding of content practices such as SEO, SMO, and PPC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to keep abreast of content and consumer trends and advancements in technology.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources