Content Managers are tasked with building a brand identity and online presence through the creation and dissemination of multimedia content online. This involves developing content strategies, managing a content team, growing an online community and tracking that community's growth, among other duties.
Content Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for candidates who possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically. Content Manager duties include producing and publishing content, writing, editing and proofreading, formulating content strategies and managing a content team, among other tasks.
Content Managers should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy. Here, content is defined as multimedia articles, blog posts, images or videos that aid in fostering engagement online.
Content Manager Responsibilities:
- Writing, editing and proofreading content.
- Managing a content team consisting of writers, graphic designers, videographers, etc.
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas.
- Build a following on social media.
- Provide editorial, creative and technical support to team members.
- Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Manage content across all platforms, including email and social media.
Content Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- 3-4 years agency experience or in a similar role.
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly computer literate and advanced knowledge of HTML.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems.
- Experience with social media management.
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content.
- Ability to develop content that provokes engagement.
- Strong leadership qualities.