Conciliators meet with aggrieved individuals who are unwilling or unable to navigate situations that involve conflict of some kind. Conciliators typically suggest settlements based on intent listening and ongoing negotiation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Conciliator Job Description Template
We are looking for a pragmatic Conciliator to advise on the conflict between clients. The Conciliator will be required to obtain a balanced account of presenting facts, confer with clients in individual and group settings, and then propose solutions that are rooted in justice and compromise. You should consult with collateral sources and legal texts to obtain guidance as the need arises.
To ensure success as a Conciliator, you must cast aside personal preferences and experiences that could bias your decisions. A top-notch Conciliator will recognize that no detail is insignificant, particularly when clients are emotionally invested in the unfolding of disputes.
- Grounding yourself by sourcing salient information about cases prior to their formal review.
- Meeting with clients to obtain a nuanced account of what transpired.
- Collaborating with medical and legal specialists, plus other collateral.
- Reviewing precedent, contextual variables, and your findings to devise solutions.
- Deliberating which solutions to propose to clients.
- Discussing and finalizing the way forward with input from every key party.
- Advocating for reparation, even in instances when conciliation can proceed without this.
- Referring clients to supplementary resources that could facilitate adaptive adjustment.
- Monitoring clients' adherence to all agreements.
- High school diploma.
- Formally recognized Conciliation-related qualification.
- Extensive and varied conciliation experience.
- Demonstrable history of conducting fair conciliation proceedings.
- Solid research, negotiation, and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Non-negotiable commitment to promoting equitable solutions.
- Cognizant of and able to compartmentalize your own interests.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources