A Company Nurse, also known as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer, or Occupational Health Nurse, is a qualified nurse who is employed by a company. They provide general First Aid to employees when required, assess employee health risks, and promote employee health.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Company Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a certified Company Nurse to provide basic healthcare services to our company’s employees. The Company Nurse will be responsible for developing and implementing Health and Safety Programs, assessing health risks, in addition to the prevention and treatment of resultant illness or injury. The Company Nurse should promote good health among employees by assessing them at regular intervals, keeping health records for every employee, and maintaining good communication with company management regarding healthcare and safety.
To ensure success, the Company Nurse should possess excellent knowledge and skill in emergency healthcare-related issues in the workplace. They should also assess the work environment to identify any work hazards, and plan intervention programs accordingly.
Company Nurse Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement health and safety programs.
- Provide emergency treatment in the workplace.
- Administer over-the-counter medication to employees.
- Create a clean, and comfortable sickbay area.
- Promote healthy eating and wellness programs.
- Document all employee injury and illness and keep this information confidential.
- Improve the health of employees through on-going programs and health checks.
- Develop strategies to ensure maximum employee work input.
- Communicate with management on a regular basis.
- Attend seminar workshops on HIV/AIDS, Gender Sensitivity, Family planning, and Stress Management.
Company Nurse Requirements:
- Nursing School Degree.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Occupational Health and Safety.
- Working experience as a company or a regular nurse.
- Comprehensive Clinical Training in Occupational Health and Nursing.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Critical-thinking skills.
- A warm and caring disposition.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources