Interview Questions for Safety Coordinators:
1. How do you educate on-site personnel regarding safety procedures and how do you ensure their safety?
The candidate’s answer will demonstrate knowledge of on-site safety requirements and equipment, and the candidate's ability to train personnel.
2. What steps would you take when investigating an on-site accident?
Reveals the candidate's approach to evaluating safety.
3. Has there been an occasion where you developed a new health policy? How did you implement it?
Look for candidates who demonstrate creative thinking, as well as knowledge of current health trends.
4. How would you handle a negative reaction from a management team member when attempting to implement a new health and safety regulation?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with upper management.
5. What relevant certifications do you have?
This shows the candidate's qualifications for the job.