Safety Managers are responsible for evaluating how well a workplace adheres to health and safety protocols. The Safety Manager creates plans to resolve health and safety issues and informs staff members about how to follow health and safety laws.
When interviewing Safety Managers, the ideal candidate should have excellent attention to detail and be an outstanding communicator. Be wary of candidates who lack extensive knowledge of health and safety laws.
Interview Questions for Safety Managers:
1. How do you educate on-site personnel regarding safety procedures and how do you ensure their safety?
The candidate’s answer will demonstrate knowledge of on-site safety requirements and equipment, and the candidate's ability to train personnel.
2. What steps would you take when investigating an on-site accident?
Reveals the candidate's approach to evaluating safety.
3. Has there been an occasion where you developed a new health policy? How did you implement it?
Look for candidates who demonstrate creative thinking, as well as knowledge of current health trends.
4. How would you handle a negative reaction from a management team member when attempting to implement a new health and safety regulation?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with upper management.
5. What relevant certifications do you have?
This shows the candidate's qualifications for the job.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources