Communications assistants provide administrative support to the communications manager. Among other duties, they are responsible for the writing and editing of media releases and company material, overseeing office activities, and putting together newsletters and other publications.
When interviewing communications assistants, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate excellent editing skills and an outgoing personality. Be wary of candidates with poor oral communication skills, or a poor personal presentation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Communications Assistant:
1. Which social media channels do you think our company should use for maximum exposure?
Reveals more about the candidate’s social media knowledge.
2. As a communications officer, what steps would you take to enhance the reputation of our brand?
Tests the candidate's innovation and problem-solving skills.
3. What would you say would be the best channel to use to convey important information to our staff members?
Assesses the candidate’s knowledge of the company and communication platforms.
4. Share an instance when you had to communicate difficult information with a staff member.
Tests the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
5. What are the things you should consider when planning a media conference?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of media relations.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources