A Club Manager fills a supervisory role and ensures all aspects of a club are running well. Specific duties may vary depending on the type of club, but the Club Manager is usually tasked with leading a team, and ensuring members are happy with club services. They should also ensure all equipment and facilities are functioning optimally.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Club Manager Job Description
We are searching for a self-motivated Club Manager who can help our organization to grow. The Club Manager should be able to network and build lasting, professional relationships with clients, while constantly looking for ways to increase monthly sign-ups. The Club Manager's responsibilities include working with a broad client base and a capable team of staff. You should be able to work under pressure and answer a number of questions from staff and club members in a polite manner.
To be successful as a Club Manager, you should demonstrate good powers of observation and be able to identify weaknesses before they become problematic. A top candidate for this position should be proactive, hungry to learn, and be respectful in all their dealings with staff and clients.
Club Manager Responsibilities:
- Providing supervision and training to all new and existing staff.
- Dealing promptly with all grievances from both staff and club members.
- Issuing verbal warnings and executing all disciplinary action as needed.
- Setting goals for improving the business.
- Screening and coaching all new hires.
- Improving the club's marketing strategy and workshopping ways to increase revenue.
- Organizing team-building events.
- Building loyalty between clients and the club.
- Encouraging feedback for improvement.
Club Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- A degree in Business Management or any related field.
- Experience in management or a leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to coach staff members.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Marketing and budgeting knowledge would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources