Clinical Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a strategic clinical supervisor to optimize treatments for our clients. The clinical supervisor will have regular, structured meetings with staff to discuss treatments and professional issues. The clinical supervisor will guide practitioners to assess clients’ mental health, develop suitable treatments, and make referrals. You will select, train, evaluate, discipline, and motivate staff. You will ensure the quality of clinical documentation at all times.
To be successful in this role you need to display strong leadership and make prudent decisions to maintain practitioners who can adequately fulfill clients’ treatment needs. Top candidates will be organized, knowledgeable and excellent communicators.
Clinical Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Having regular meetings with the governing board, department heads, and practitioners.
- Overseeing and reviewing practitioners' work procedures.
- Counseling, motivating, and disciplining practitioners, and referring advanced issues to upper management.
- Conducting performance reviews.
- Ensuring practitioners comply with licensure and registration requirements.
- Ensuring compliance, accuracy, and quality of clinical documentation.
- Assisting practitioners by supervising complex cases.
- Enhancing operations by ensuring sufficient staffing and adequate access to services.
- Developing programs and ensuring compliance with procedures and policies.
Clinical Supervisor Requirements:
- Doctoral degree in psychology or related field.
- Appropriate licensure.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a similar role.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient with supervision, service delivery, and case management fundamentals.
- Proficient knowledge of applicable laws.
- Strong people skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.