Clinical Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable clinical specialist to promote and sell our unique range of products to healthcare providers. In this role, you will identify new sales leads for our products, travel to customer locations to demonstrate products to potential buyers, and provide services to our regular customers.
To ensure success as a clinical specialist, you should possess the ability to create and maintain an extensive sales network and demonstrate experience as a salesperson in the medical field. Ultimately, a top-notch clinical specialist becomes a widely-known and trusted brand ambassador for the company and its products.
Clinical Specialist Responsibilities:
- Liaising with internal departments about product features and functionalities.
- Identifying potential buyers and traveling to customer locations.
- Accommodating the schedules of healthcare professionals in setting appointments.
- Memorizing product features and presenting their functionalities, using applicable medical terminology.
- Conducting post-sale training sessions to individual product users, professional teams, or healthcare departments.
- Maintaining existing customer networks and informing customers of upgrades or new product lines.
- Analyzing competitor products and highlighting our unique product features in sales pitches.
- Signing sales contracts, expediting purchase orders, and ensuring seamless supply.
- Maintaining sales records, as well as meeting sales targets.
- Keeping the company vehicle in mint condition and in good running order.
Clinical Specialist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's or associate degree in marketing would be advantageous.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in a related medical field.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Exceptional sales skills and the ability to demonstrate product features using related medical terminology.
- Extensive experience in identifying new customers, negotiating deals, and meeting sales targets.
- Experience in recordkeeping and managing sales contracts.
- Ability to assume responsibility for the company vehicle.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to be away from home, when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills suited to medical professionals.