Interview Questions for Clinical Documentation Specialists:
1. Which electronic medical record software would you recommend?
Shows the candidate's experience and proficiency in medical record management software.
2. How would you go about training staff in sound medical recordkeeping practices?
Highlights the candidate's experience and training skills.
3. Which kinds of clinical information have you found might need verification?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience in verifying medical information.
4. Can you describe a time when you successfully resolved a compliance issue?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their problem-solving skills.
5. Which ways have you found work best to keep track of changes in regulations?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and ability to keep up with regulatory amendments.