Clinical Documentation Specialists ensure that best practices are followed with medical recordkeeping procedures. They verify the accuracy of patients' medical information, report their findings to healthcare providers, and train staff in recordkeeping.
When interviewing Clinical Documentation Specialists, look for candidates with experience in clinical documentation and the ability to ensure compliance with best practices in medical recordkeeping. Be wary of candidates who lack knowledge of electronic health record systems and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Clinical Documentation Specialists:
1. Which electronic medical record software would you recommend?
Shows the candidate's experience and proficiency in medical record management software.
2. How would you go about training staff in sound medical recordkeeping practices?
Highlights the candidate's experience and their training skills.
3. Which kinds of clinical information have you found might need verification?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience in verifying medical information.
4. Can you describe a time when you successfully resolved a compliance issue?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their problem-solving skills.
5. Which ways have you found work best to keep track of changes in regulations?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and ability to keep up with regulatory amendments.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources