Clinical Coordinators are responsible for organizing and overseeing the daily activities of a healthcare facility such as hospitals, clinics and other patient care facilities. They manage staff, communicate with different departments and ensure adequate patient care amongst other duties.
Clinical Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Clinical Coordinator with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Clinical Coordinators are expected to be decisive leaders with superb time management and record keeping skills.
To ensure success, Clinical Coordinators should be confident and professional administrators with fantastic communication and IT skills that will contribute to the efficient day-to-day activities of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to emergency situations.
Clinical Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Implement policy and procedures across the healthcare facility.
- Evaluate personnel and prepare daily reports.
- Assist with recruitment, consenting, screening and enrollment of personnel.
- Employ financial acumen in budgeting and expenditure.
- Authorize admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are placed on time.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Sterilize instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
Clinical Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or related (essential).
- Current CPR certification (essential).
- 2 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a Clinical Coordinator role (essential).
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD and CPT coding (highly advantageous).
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
- Passionate about clinical excellence.