Clinic Managers oversee the day-to-day management of medical clinics and outpatient facilities. They liaise with patients and healthcare professionals, and coordinate patient care plans. Their duties include managing budgets and billing, appointing staff, and assigning tasks. They may work at doctors' offices or long-term care facilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Clinic Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking a dedicated and capable Clinic Manager to oversee the daily administrative operations of our clinic. Your duties will include implementing procedures to optimize patient care, and managing the budget. You will also be required to hire and train staff members.
To be successful in this role, you should exhibit exceptional managerial abilities, which would ultimately translate to excellent patient care. Outstanding Clinic Managers are experienced administrators who proactively address issues that prevent the clinic from running smoothly.
Clinic Manager Responsibilities:
- Liaising with healthcare professionals and patients about treatment plans.
- Overseeing clinic operations and staff duties.
- Keeping medical professionals informed about healthcare administered at the clinic.
- Managing the clinic's budget, billing system, and inventory.
- Ordering stock and supplies for the clinic.
- Overseeing the purchasing, maintenance, and repair of clinic equipment.
- Developing procedures to deliver optimal patient care.
- Performing the hiring, training, and performance evaluation of staff members.
- Managing internal and external communications, and answering queries about the clinic.
Clinic Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Health Services Administration, or similar.
- Master's Degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience in managing a healthcare facility or clinic.
- Ability to supervise and motivate clinic staff to perform their duties efficiently.
- Exceptional organizational skills to ensure that quality services are provided.
- Knowledge of procuring supplies, equipment, and staff needed at the clinic.
- Proficiency in managing budgets, billing, and negotiating with suppliers and vendors.
- Competency with computer-based healthcare administration systems, like Kareo and MediXcel EMR.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for liaising with patients, healthcare providers and specialists, as well as the public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources