Medical Office Managers, also known as Medical Practice Managers, administrate the day-to-day operations of medical offices, such as scheduling appointments, hiring non-clinical staff, monitoring budgets and payments, and maintaining staff and patient records.
When interviewing potential Medical Office Managers, look for candidates who are highly organized. Be wary of candidates with poor presentation, as this is a front office position.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Medical Office Managers:
1. How do you ensure that we don't run out of important medical supplies?
Tests the candidate's ability to monitor inventories and place orders in a timely fashion.
2. How do you keep patient information confidential?
Tests whether the candidate has discretion and follows best practices for confidentiality.
3. What administrative software have you used in previous jobs?
Tests the candidate's computer literacy, and whether or not they will be able to use the programs your office uses.
4. What would you do if a patient arrived, but the person who should be processing them is out for lunch?
Tests the candidate's willingness to step in and help when needed.
5. What process do you follow when scheduling an appointment for a patient?
Tests the candidate's ability to manage schedules effectively.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources