Church Administrator Job Description
We are looking for a responsible, proactive church administrator to be responsible for managing the daily operations of the church, through supervising staff and volunteers, managing the church's schedule of events, ensuring the effective use of church income, and keeping accurate records. The Church Administrator manages staff and volunteers, works with the community and supports the pastor and other church staff members.
To be a successful church administrator, you should be able to handle multiple tasks to ensure the church is well-run, maintained, and staffed. You should be generous, efficient, detail-oriented, and professional.
Church Administrator Responsibilities:
- Managing daily operations and maintaining office supplies and records.
- Coordinating, planning, and executing church events.
- Assisting to create budgets, pay bills, oversee payrolls, and track and record church income from donations and sales.
- Recruiting and hiring staff and volunteers, and overseeing their work and vacation schedules.
- Handling church communications and publications, creating and distributing bulletins and newsletters.
- Overseeing church facility maintenance and security operations.
- Assisting with scheduling meetings, renting church equipment and facilities, and enforcing church policies for facility use.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the congregation and community.
Church Administrator Requirements:
- An associate's degree in business, office management, or related field.
- 2 years' office or administrative experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress and problem solve.
- Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information.
- A commitment to standing as a moral and upstanding representative of the church community.