Interview Questions for Child Psychiatrists:
1. What medication would you prescribe for an adolescent who suffers from severe anxiety?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of pharmaceuticals and treatment plans.
2. If consulting for social services, what kind of treatment plan would you devise for a child with difficult home life?
Demonstrates psychological knowledge as well as knowledge of child development needs.
3. Have you ever had to be creative and develop an unorthodox treatment plan? How successful was your plan and how was it received by your peers?
Demonstrates candidates' creativity and willingness to treat their patients as individuals.
4. How do you keep abreast of changes in the field?
Demonstrates candidates' willingness to continue their education.
5. How would you resolve conflict with parents or guardians over their child's treatment?
Demonstrates candidates' problem solving and communication skills.