Child Caregiver Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate, patient child caregiver to join our daycare and help us to provide a safe "home-away-from-home" for our children. The responsibilities of the child-caregiver include creating an enriching learning environment and looking after the basic needs of the children under their care.
To be a successful Child Caregiver, you should be patient, enthusiastic, and fun-loving. Ultimately, a top-notch child caregiver loves working with children and is passionate about child development and care.
Child Caregiver Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, and supervising structured, educational group activities.
- Preparing, organizing, and supervising mealtimes and snacks with nutritional food selections.
- Planning and supervising balanced routines that include physical activities, rest, and playtime.
- Providing responsible care and maintaining all safety standards.
- Ensuring a safe, sanitary, and orderly environment.
- Maintaining professional and positive relationships with parents, children, and staff.
- Notifying supervisors and parents of any signs of emotional or developmental issues.
- Providing structure and accountability that is firm but compassionate.
- Assisting children in the bathroom or with diapering tasks as needed.
- Encouraging children to participate in all activities.
Child Caregiver Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor's degree in early childcare or early childhood development is advantageous.
- Up-to-date first aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to pass background checks and drug tests.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in a professional childcare environment.
- Strong working knowledge of childhood development.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform tasks such as sitting on the floor, bending, and lifting children.
- Creativity and a willingness to sing, dance, and be silly and fun-loving with children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, and patience.
- Exceptional listening skills, compassion, and the ability to remain calm at all times.