Child Caregivers provide safe, educational environments for children while their parents are at work and take care of their basic needs, including dressing, feeding, and supervising play and nap times. Child Caregivers typically work in childcare centers, private daycares, or their own homes and have fun and enthusiastic personalities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Child Caregiver Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate, patient Child Caregiver to join our daycare and help us to provide a safe "home-away-from-home" for our children. The responsibilities of the Child Caregiver include creating an enriching learning environment and looking after the basic needs of the children under their care.
To be a successful Child Caregiver, you should be patient, enthusiastic, and fun-loving. Ultimately, a top-notch Child Caregiver loves working with children and is passionate about child development and care.
Child Caregiver Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, and supervising structured, educational group activities.
- Preparing, organizing, and supervising mealtimes and snacks with nutritional food selections.
- Planning and supervising balanced routines that include physical activities, rest, and playtime.
- Providing responsible care and maintaining all safety standards.
- Ensuring a safe, sanitary, and orderly environment.
- Maintaining professional and positive relationships with parents, children, and staff.
- Notifying supervisors and parents of any signs of emotional or developmental issues.
- Providing structure and accountability that is firm but compassionate.
- Assisting children in the bathroom or with diapering tasks as needed.
- Encouraging children to participate in all activities.
Child Caregiver Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor's degree in Early Childcare or Early Childhood Development is advantageous.
- Up-to-date first aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to pass background checks and drug tests.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in a professional childcare environment.
- Strong working knowledge of childhood development.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform tasks such as sitting on the floor, bending, and lifting children.
- Creativity and a willingness to sing, dance, and be silly and fun-loving with children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, and patience.
- Exceptional listening skills, compassion, and the ability to remain calm at all times.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources