Child Care Specialists are professionals who supervise and care for children. They often travel to residential areas to attend to children whose parents are at work, but are sometimes employed at preschools or daycare centers. They also help children build good habits and may even assist with homework.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Child Care Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a capable, compassionate Child Care Specialist. The Childcare Specialist will be required to supervise children’s daily activities, prepare stimulating games, help them develop good personal hygiene, and to ensure that healthy meals and snacks are available. You may also be required to provide support to a hurt or injured child.
To be successful as a Child Care Specialist, you should enjoy being around children and feel comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities. Ideal candidates will be able to manage individuals as well as bigger groups of children, and should be willing to accommodate parents with busy schedules.
Child Care Specialist Responsibilities:
- Providing a safe, nurturing, yet fun environment for children.
- Supervising children during playtimes and mealtimes.
- Providing basic childcare services such as changing diapers, assisting with bathtime, and ensuring children are properly fed and dressed.
- Modeling good character and hygiene habits and encouraging children to follow them.
- Providing positive reinforcement, but also being firm when necessary.
- Offering emotional and physical support when children are hurt or injured.
- Notifying primary caregivers should an emergency arise.
- Fetching children from school, assisting with homework, and preparing meals and snacks.
- Adjusting to parents’ schedules as required.
Child Care Specialist Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to pass a background check.
- A qualification in Early Childhood Education or similar may be advantageous.
- Experience working with young children is preferable.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are preferred.
- Knowledge of psychological and emotional development in children.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in fast-paced, unpredictable environments.
- Superb multitasking abilities.
- Sound judgment skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources