Interview Questions for Child Care Specialists:
1. Can you describe your experience caring for young children?
Demonstrates skills and level of expertise.
2. What do you think makes a good child care specialist?
Reveals child care knowledge and overall preparedness for the role.
3. Describe a time when a child refused to cooperate with you. What happened?
Provides insight into negotiation methods and tests communication and interpersonal skills.
4. What recent skills have you acquired that benefit you as a child care specialist?
Tests willingness to learn and dedication to excellence.
5. A parent is running late and forgets to notify you. What do you do?
Assesses the ability to respond appropriately in stressful situations.