Chief Invigilators direct the operations of Invigilators to ensure that examination venues are optimized for test-takers. Chief Invigilators also act on confirmed cases of rule violations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Chief Invigilator Job Description Template
We are searching for a diplomatic Chief Invigilator to coordinate activities pertaining to test sittings. The Chief Invigilator should guide the work of Invigilators, answer questions about exam-related policies, and record attendance. You should also confirm that all test scripts are present before carting these to drop-off locations.
To ensure success as a Chief Invigilator, you should ensure the strict observance of all test regulations. A remarkable Chief Invigilator should be able to perform administrative tasks in plain sight without distracting test-takers.
Chief Invigilator Responsibilities:
- Brainstorming the distribution of invigilation activities.
- Meeting with Invigilators ahead of each test to delegate tasks and outline expectations.
- Setting the tone of each test by furnishing students with pertinent rules and procedures.
- Noting attendance and checking students' identification.
- Fielding questions from test-takers, where appropriate.
- Acting on all test-related misdemeanors.
- Checking the number of test scripts against the amount of test-takers.
- Resolving all salient discrepancies before you leave each test venue.
- Transporting tests and extra resources to stipulated zones.
- Coordinating the collection of test scripts by the Examiners, if needed.
Chief Invigilator Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Demonstrable experience as a Chief Invigilator.
- A wealth of invigilation experience.
- Driver's license to allow the safe transport of test scripts.
- Firm but flexible delegation skills.
- Capacity to remain highly visible yet non-disruptive.
- Highly organized, resolute, and diplomatic.
- Available to invigilate after-hours examinations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources