Chemical Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable and highly organized chemical technician to join our excellent team. The chemical technician’s responsibilities include analyzing substances to determine their chemical composition, setting up lab equipment and monitoring experiments, compiling technical reports, and interpreting results. You should also be able to follow instructions and collaborate with others.
To be successful as a chemical technician, you should be passionate about research, development, and science. Outstanding candidates have an in-depth knowledge of chemistry and superb observational and analytical skills.
Chemical Technician Responsibilities:
- Understanding and following the instructions and specifications of engineers, scientists, chemists, and other researchers.
- Selecting and setting up the required lab equipment for tests, experiments, and analyses.
- Conducting lab tests for qualitative and quantitative analyses of various substances and materials.
- Assisting with the preparation of chemical solutions.
- Keeping the laboratory neat and clean and sterilizing all work surfaces and equipment.
- Regularly inspecting materials and equipment and ordering more as required.
- Training and monitoring other workers involved in chemical processing.
- Working alongside other engineers, chemists, and scientists to develop improved production processes and methods.
- Interpreting test results and compiling technical reports.
- Keeping up-to-date with field advancements and sharing new knowledge with colleagues.
Chemical Technician Requirements:
- An associate’s degree or similar.
- Additional courses in math, biology, chemistry, and physics would be advantageous.
- A completed apprenticeship or on-the-job training.
- Excellent knowledge of lab safety.
- Knowledge of computer science and statistics is a plus.
- Strong analytical, observational, and time management skills.
- The ability to follow instructions and focus for extended periods.