Interview Questions for Chemists:
1. What new developments in chemistry are you most excited about and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of the latest trends and developments in the field.
2. What research have you conducted that was disappointing or unsuccessful? How would you improve on this research?
Demonstrates candidates' willingness to admit to their failures and learn from them. Be wary of candidates who demonstrate a lack of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
3. Which analytical techniques do you prefer and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of chromatography, spectroscopy, and spectrophotometry techniques.
4. What methods would you use to troubleshoot malfunctions in laboratory equipment?
Demonstrates candidates' technical skills.
5. What kind of information would you put into a report for the quality control department?
Demonstrates candidates' reporting skills.