Chemical Technicians are employed in laboratories and processing plants to conduct experiments and test and analyze various substances. They help chemists, engineers, and scientists with the research and development of products. Chemical Technicians also monitor and troubleshoot chemical processes.
When interviewing Chemical Technicians, the best candidates will demonstrate excellent critical thinking and are passionate about building and fixing things. Be wary of those who seem disorganized and display poor attention to detail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Chemical Technicians:
1. Can you describe how you would go about analyzing a chemical compound?
Highlights knowledge of chemistry and reveals more about the candidates' methods and their planning skills.
2. A colleague is injured in the lab. How do you proceed?
Tests knowledge of lab safety protocols and the ability to act appropriately in stressful situations.
3. Describe a time you misunderstood a colleague’s instructions. What happened?
Reveals the candidate’s level of accountability and their willingness to learn from mistakes.
4. What is the most interesting project you have worked on so far?
Reveals the candidate’s interests, passions, as well as their strengths.
5. Can you describe a time when your suggestion improved a process or product?
Tests the candidate’s observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources