Interview Questions for Chemical Technicians:
1. Can you describe how you would go about analyzing a chemical compound?
Highlights knowledge of chemistry and reveals more about the candidates' methods and their planning skills.
2. A colleague is injured in the lab. How do you proceed?
Tests knowledge of lab safety protocols and the ability to act appropriately in stressful situations.
3. Describe a time you misunderstood a colleague’s instructions. What happened?
Reveals the candidate’s level of accountability and their willingness to learn from mistakes.
4. What is the most interesting project you have worked on so far?
Reveals the candidate’s interests, passions, as well as their strengths.
5. Can you describe a time when your suggestion improved a process or product?
Tests the candidate’s observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.