Certified Diabetes Educators consult on cases of innate and acquired diabetes. These healthcare practitioners, most of whom are professional nurses, also utilize their expertise to bolster pertinent health-related literacy within laypersons.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Certified Diabetes Educator Job Description Template
We are searching for a driven Certified Diabetes Educator to solidify our health promotion efforts. The Certified Diabetes Educator should identify and treat instances of current and prospective diabetes, educate on self-management techniques, and track treatment adherence. You should also promote diabetes-related literacy within public spheres to boost well-being.
To ensure success as a Certified Diabetes Educator, you should exhibit a proactive, evidence-based stance on treatment and advocacy. Ultimately, an outstanding Certified Diabetes Educator will mitigate deterrents to treatment adherence.
Certified Diabetes Educator Responsibilities:
- Discerning cases of prospective and fully-fledged diabetes.
- Issuing diabetes-related treatment and monitoring adherence thereto.
- Educating patients and their families on appropriate diabetes-related care.
- Underscoring the significance of pertinent lifestyle changes.
- Strengthening existing multidisciplinary networks through active and respectful collaboration.
- Bolstering internal and collaborative advocacy campaigns.
- Chairing support groups for afflicted individuals.
- Maintaining your licensure by adhering to all prescribed guidelines.
Certified Diabetes Educator Requirements:
- Degree in Nursing with pertinent licensure.
- Completion of a formally-recognized Diabetes Education training program.
- Demonstrable experience as a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Clear criminal record.
- Proactive about healthcare promotion.
- Well-honed interpersonal and triaging abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Compassionate and change-inspiring disposition.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources