Nurse Educator Job Description Template
We are looking for an engaging nurse educator to be responsible for the education of current and future nursing students. A nurse educator is responsible for designing curricula, teaching and guiding students, evaluating the students' progress, writing or reviewing educational material, etc.
A successful nurse educator will be a motivated and dedicated teacher, up-to-date with the latest nursing research. A nurse educator should be creative to design new curricula, and patient to guide students through their learning.
Nurse Education Responsibilities:
- Mentoring and teaching current and future nursing students.
- Designing, delivering, and evaluating educational curricula.
- Writing and reviewing educational material, like textbooks.
- Documenting the students' progress and advising them on their educational journey.
- Researching and remaining up-to-date on clinical practices.
- Developing patient care plans and assisting patients with their clinical needs.
- Educating the technical and patient care staff in using new technology.
Nurse Educator Requirements:
- A master's or doctoral degree in nursing.
- A Certified Nurse Education certification.
- A Registered Nursing Licence.
- A strong clinical background.
- A working knowledge of the theories of education and learning to design curricula.
- Current working knowledge of clinical procedures and protocols.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and leadership skills.