Also known as a Clinical Nurse Educator, a Nurse Educator is responsible for designing, delivering, and evaluating academic nursing programs. A Nurse Educator formally teaches in a nursing school or trains nursing students and staff in a healthcare facility.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Nurse Educator Job Description Template
We are looking for an engaging Nurse Educator to be responsible for the education of current and future nursing students. A Nurse Educator is responsible for designing curricula, teaching and guiding students, evaluating the students' progress, writing or reviewing educational material, etc.
A successful Nurse Educator will be a motivated and dedicated teacher, up-to-date with the latest nursing research. A Nurse Educator should be creative to design new curricula, and patient to guide students through their learning.
Nurse Education Responsibilities:
- Mentoring and teaching current and future nursing students.
- Designing, delivering, and evaluating educational curricula.
- Writing and reviewing educational material, like textbooks.
- Documenting the students' progress and advising them on their educational journey.
- Researching and remaining up-to-date on clinical practices.
- Developing patient care plans and assisting patients with their clinical needs.
- Educating the technical and patient care staff in using new technology.
Nurse Educator Requirements:
- A Master's or Doctoral degree in Nursing.
- A Certified Nurse Education certification.
- A Registered Nursing Licence.
- A strong clinical background.
- A working knowledge of the theories of education and learning to design curricula.
- Current working knowledge of clinical procedures and protocols.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and leadership skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources