Catering Assistants are typically employed by catering companies to prepare meal ingredients, set up buffet stations, as well as load and unload food and catering supplies onto and off catering vehicles. They work alongside Catering Managers and ensure that customers and guests are satisfied with the catering services provided.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Catering Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dedicated and efficient Catering Assistant to assist in all activities pertaining to event catering. The Catering Assistant's responsibilities include participating in trade shows to promote the company's catering services, receiving and unloading deliveries, managing buffet stations, and refilling empty chafing dishes as required. You should also be able to pack up all catering equipment, dishes, and leftover food after events have concluded.
To be successful as a Catering Assistant, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations to ensure the safety of event guests. Ultimately, an outstanding Catering Assistant should be able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills and achieve excellent customer service at all times.
Catering Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing basic food preparation tasks, which include washing, peeling, and cutting fruit and vegetables, seasoning and slicing meats, and preparing sauces and salads.
- Setting up dining and buffet areas as per the Catering Manager's instructions.
- Ensuring all tableware and chafing dishes are properly cleaned and sanitized before each catering event.
- Taking inventory of ingredients and catering supplies and ordering new stock as required.
- Loading and unloading food, tableware, and catering supplies onto and off catering vehicles.
- Appropriately storing clean chafing dishes, tableware, platters, and equipment after each catering event.
- Answering guests' catering-related questions during events and addressing all complaints.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing strategies to promote catering services.
- Assisting in all duties related to customer billing.
Catering Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working in the catering industry.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources