Catering Assistants help Catering Managers with all aspects of event catering. They set up and manage buffet stations, take inventory of catering ingredients and supplies, and ensure that all dishes, platters, and utensils are cleaned and sanitized before and after catering events.
When interviewing Catering Assistants, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate efficiency, drive, and exceptional customer service skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor organizational and problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Catering Assistants:
1. How do you ensure that food items are not spilled or disrupted during transportation?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and problem-solving skills.
2. What would you do in a situation where there is insufficient food for guests at a function?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills as well as experience.
3. What would you do if you noticed a young guest using his or her hands instead of salad tongs to dish salad onto a plate?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of food health and safety regulations as well as communication and customer service skills.
4. What should you do if you accidentally cut yourself while preparing ingredients?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
5. What steps do you take to ensure that dining and buffet areas are set up on time?
Demonstrates the candidate's organizational and time management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources