Car Porter Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Car Porter to join our team. In this role, you will move and park cars on our lot. As a car porter, your duties include keeping track of parked vehicles and making sure that the parking lot is neat and presentable.
To ensure success as a car porter, you should exhibit safe driving skills and have experience working with customers at a car dealership. Ultimately, a top-notch car porter is someone who can be entrusted with valuable property.
Car Porter Responsibilities:
- Moving cars between the dealership’s display area, workshop, storage facility, and the pick-up point.
- Driving and handling all cars responsibly to ensure damage prevention, and protecting dealership property at all times.
- Accounting for all cars on the lot.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the interiors and exteriors of cars on the lot.
- Providing assistance with keeping the lot clean and tidy at all times.
- Driving off-site to run dealership errands when required.
- Performing basic maintenance tasks, such as changing batteries and filling up on gas, oil, and other fluids.
Car Porter Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a car porter, or similar.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Working knowledge of basic car maintenance would be advantageous.
- Ability to assume responsibility for the valuable property of customers and the dealership.
- Willingness to learn and to perform a wide range of allocated tasks.
- Ability to take accurate notes regarding vehicle movements and vehicle conditions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work irregular business hours, including evening hours, weekends, and holidays.