Also known as Auto Porters, Car Porters work at automotive dealerships where they are responsible for moving and parking cars. Their duties include keeping track of vehicle locations on the lot, cleaning cars, and ensuring a tidy lot. Managers may also assign Car Porters additional tasks.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Car Porter Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Car Porter to join our team. In this role, you will move and park cars on our lot. As a Car Porter, your duties include keeping track of parked vehicles and making sure that the parking lot is neat and presentable.
To ensure success as a Car Porter, you should exhibit safe driving skills and have experience working with customers at a car dealership. Ultimately, a top-notch Car Porter is someone who can be entrusted with valuable property.
Car Porter Responsibilities:
- Moving cars between the dealership’s display area, workshop, storage facility, and the pick-up point.
- Driving and handling all cars responsibly to ensure damage prevention, and protecting dealership property at all times.
- Accounting for all cars on the lot.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the interiors and exteriors of cars on the lot.
- Providing assistance with keeping the lot clean and tidy at all times.
- Driving off-site to run dealership errands when required.
- Performing basic maintenance tasks, such as changing batteries and filling up on gas, oil, and other fluids.
Car Porter Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a Car Porter, or similar.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Working knowledge of basic car maintenance would be advantageous.
- Ability to assume responsibility for the valuable property of customers and the dealership.
- Willingness to learn and to perform a wide range of allocated tasks.
- Ability to take accurate notes regarding vehicle movements and vehicle conditions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work irregular business hours, including evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources