Valets assist guests by parking their vehicles, unloading luggage and retrieving vehicles when guests are ready to leave.
When interviewing Valets the ideal candidate will have excellent driving skills as well as great interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates with low energy levels and prior traffic offenses.
Interview Questions for Valets
1. A client is being difficult to deal with. How do you manage the situation?
Candidates should always remain calm and professional when dealing with clients.
2. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their duties and how oversight can lead to being late, causing damage to company reputation. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error and learned a valuable lesson from it.
3. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Candidates should describe how the accident occurred, the steps they have taken to avoid repeating it and the lessons they've learned from it.
4. How would you ensure a customer is satisfied with his/her service?
Candidates should describe how they would listen to a guest and identify the root of their problems, deliver a timely solution to that problem and exceed their expectations. Look for candidates who seek to build relationships with their guests.
5. How do you manage to be friendly at work when you have personal problems?
It is important for a Valet to be friendly and positive at all times. The potential candidate needs to display the ability to accomplish this.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources