Call Center Supervisor Job Description Template
We are searching for a dedicated, supportive call center supervisor who can coach and motivate call center representatives as they field calls from clients. The call center supervisor will hire employees and assist in the training process, ensuring that every agent is well prepared for their calls. They will continue to support agents after training by monitoring their progress, ensuring that they understand and meet expectations, answering their questions, and providing them with ongoing coaching opportunities and inspiration. You should be analytical, supportive, and prepared to act as a resource to agents.
To succeed as a call center supervisor, you should be focused on helping your team build the necessary skills and knowledge so they can better support customers. You should be supportive, communicative, and attentive.
Call Center Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, and preparing call center representatives to respond to customer questions and complaints and troubleshoot problems with services or products.
- Ensuring agents understand and comply with all call center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- Answering agent questions regarding best practices or difficult calls.
- Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
- Monitoring and evaluating agent performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- Preparing reports and analyzing data to assist management as they determine call center goals.
- Working with other supervisors and management team members to support agents and maximize customer satisfaction.
Call Center Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, but more education, especially in management, is preferred.
- Call center, customer service, or supervisory experience may be required.
- Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, and phone systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of company products, policies, and services.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Analytical, efficient, and thorough.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations, especially during busy hours.