Call Center Supervisors help train and motivate call center representatives as they answer questions, handle complaints, and provide support for clients. They assist in hiring and training employees, monitoring representative progress, and coaching them to cultivate the knowledge and skills to provide excellent service to customers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Call Center Supervisor Job Description Template
We are searching for a dedicated, supportive Call Center Supervisor who can coach and motivate call center representatives as they field calls from clients. The Call Center Supervisor will hire employees and assist in the training process, ensuring that every agent is well prepared for their calls. They will continue to support agents after training by monitoring their progress, ensuring that they understand and meet expectations, answering their questions, and providing them with ongoing coaching opportunities and inspiration. You should be analytical, supportive, and prepared to act a resource to agents.
To succeed as a Call Center Supervisor, you should be focused on helping your team build necessary skills and knowledge so they can better support customers. You should be supportive, communicative, and attentive.
Call Center Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, and preparing call center representatives to respond to customer questions and complaints and troubleshoot problems with services or products.
- Ensuring agents understand and comply with all call center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- Answering agent questions regarding best practices or difficult calls.
- Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
- Monitoring and evaluating agent performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- Preparing reports and analyzing data to assist management as they determine call center goals.
- Working with other supervisors and management team members to support agents and maximize customer satisfaction.
Call Center Supervisor Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, but more education, especially in management, is preferred.
- Call center, customer service, or supervisory experience may be required.
- Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, and phone systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of company products, policies, and services.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Analytical, efficient, and thorough.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations, especially during busy hours.
Call Center Supervisor FAQ:
What does a call center supervisor do?
Call center supervisors help hire, train, motivate, and coach call center employees. Add the responsibilities and goals of a call center supervisor at your company to our call center supervisor job description example to create a custom job listing for your business.
Can I edit your call center supervisor job description sample?
Feel free to customize any section of our call center supervisor job description template to create a listing that fits your company’s needs.
What information should I include when I post a call center supervisor job?
When you advertise a call center supervisor job, you should provide applicants with information about the role at your business and the qualities and qualifications you’d like to have in your next hire. Add your details to our list of call center supervisor duties and responsibilities to our call center supervisor position description and begin attracting top talent today.
Do you have interview questions for a call center supervisor?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have reviewed our call center supervisor job description example and created a job listing, you can look over our call center supervisor interview questions.