Call Center Representatives use their knowledge of company products, services, and policies to assist callers with inquiries, complaints, or problems. They speak with customers, listen to them gain a better understanding of their needs, and offer possible solutions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Call Center Representative Job Description Template
We are searching for a polite, professional Call Center Representative to work closely with other team members to provide outstanding service to our customers by answering questions, handling complaints, and troubleshooting problems with our products and services. The Call Center Representative may handle a high volume of inbound or outbound calls or both and should seek to create a positive experience for each caller. They will listen to clients to understand the reason for their call, address all questions or complaints, and provide an accurate and efficient response.
To be a successful Call Center Representative, you should be customer-focused, detail oriented, and efficient. You should be polite, reliable, knowledgeable, and adaptable.
Call Center Representative Responsibilities:
- Answering or making calls to clients to learn about and address their needs, complaints, or other issues with products or services.
- Responding efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
- Engaging in active listening with callers, confirming or clarifying information and diffusing angry clients, as needed.
- Building lasting relationships with clients and other call center team members based on trust and reliability.
- Utilizing software, databases, scripts, and tools appropriately.
- Understanding and striving to meet or exceed call center metrics while providing excellent consistent customer service.
- Making sales or recommendations for products or services that may better suit client needs.
- Taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of company and position.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
Call Center Representative Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Exceptional customer service, active listening, and verbal and written communication skills, professional phone voice.
- Understanding of company products, services, and policies.
- Proficiency with computers, especially with CRM software, and strong typing skills.
- Ability to ask prying questions and diffuse tense situations.
- Strong time management and decision making skills.
- Adaptability and accountability.
- Fluency in multiple languages may be desired.
Call Center Representative FAQ:
What does a call center representative do?
Call center customer service representatives sell and provide support for clients who have purchased company products, features, and services. Add your essential call center duties and responsibilities to our call center rep job description to create a custom job listing for your business.
Can I edit your call center agent job description?
Feel free to customize any section of our call center representative description above to get a job listing that works for your company.
What information should I include when I post a call center representative job?
When you advertise a call center representative job, you should provide potential applicants with details about the CSR duties at your organization. Take a look at the call center position description above for more ideas or to begin designing a job listing for your organization.
Do you have interview questions for call center representatives?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have reviewed our call center job description template and created a call center position description, take some time to look over our call center representative interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources