Business Development Directors help companies to increase profitability by identifying business opportunities, growing and enhancing a company’s presence on the market, and building relationships with customers, vendors, and distributors. They use their knowledge of a company’s products and services to identify opportunities to increase revenue.
Business Development Director Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a highly driven Business Development Director to assist the company to increase profitability. The Business Development Director’s responsibilities include building and strengthening internal and external relationships, managing customer relations, and implementing strategies designed to increase revenue and acquire new business opportunities. You should also be able to collaborate with the marketing team to develop innovative marketing strategies.
To be successful as a Business Development Director, you should also be able to perform detailed market research and analysis. Ultimately, a top-performing Business Development Director should be able to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
Business Development Director Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external sales and marketing departments, vendors, distributors, and customers.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities for the company.
- Researching new markets and emerging market trends.
- Developing new partnerships.
- Formulating and implementing an account management plan to ensure that business relations are properly maintained.
- Presenting market research to the marketing department and recommending strategies to improve market research.
- Collecting information in order to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Continually learning about the company’s products.
Business Development Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience in sales, marketing, business development, and management.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources