Interview Questions for Brand Strategists:
1. What experience do you have as a brand strategist?
This reveals the specific skills a candidate has acquired that relate to the role.
2. How do you keep track of market trends?
This reveals a candidate's industry knowledge.
3. Can you describe how you incorporate data into presentations to motivate a recommendation?
This shows a candidate's ability to integrate research and data into presentations. This will also reveal how a candidate uses research to inform decisions and recommendations.
4. How do you react when a client disagrees with your recommendations?
This reveals how a candidate deals with difficult situations. Consider candidates who respond to criticism in a calm and rational manner.
5. Can you give an example of how you have used a consumer insight to inform a strategy?
This illustrates a candidate's critical thinking and problem-solving ability.