Board Members form part of the governing body of an organization. They are committed to the long-term interests of the organization and meet regularly to oversee and direct business operations, set policies, approve business decisions, evaluate executive performances and fulfill fiduciary responsibilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Board Member Job Description Template
We are looking for a committed Board Member to serve on our organization's governing body. The Board Member's responsibilities include advising on strategic plans, participating in evaluations, and monitoring its financial affairs. You should also prepare for board meetings, attend them regularly and actively participate in them.
To be successful as a Board Member you should have significant professional leadership experience and strong diplomatic skills. An outstanding Board Member will be passionately committed to the organization's mission.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Knowing the organization's mission, programs, policies, and needs.
- Preparing for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
- Regularly attending board meetings and participating actively and conscientiously.
- Keeping up with issues and trends that affect the organization.
- Participating in the evaluation of business operations and executives.
- Approving audit reports, budgets and business decisions.
- Contributing to the development of policies and strategic plans.
- Understanding the organization's financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met.
- Ensuring the organization complies with legal requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality on all internal organizational affairs.
Board Member Requirements:
- Proven track record in an executive leadership role.
- Previous board experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the organization and the relevant industry.
- Sufficient time availability for board duties.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources