Benefits Administrators work within a company's human resources department and are responsible for planning and administering employee benefit programs. They communicate with employees, resolve benefit-related issues, and collaborate with other departments and external vendors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Benefits Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Benefits Administrator to be responsible for the planning and administration of our employee benefit programs. You will be working closely with our human resources and payroll departments to coordinate the daily processing of benefits. You will also be responsible for researching benefit plans, negotiating with vendors, communicating with employees, and resolving any benefit-related issues.
To be successful as a Benefits Administrator, you should have strong organizational skills and stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and market trends. You should also have strong interpersonal skills, be able to maintain meticulous records, and collaborate with other departments and external service providers.
Benefits Administrator Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update employee records and benefits files.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, including enrollments, terminations, and claims.
- Advise and inform employees of the details of the company's benefit programs.
- Resolve benefit-related issues and respond to queries and requests in a timely manner.
- Research new employee benefit plans and vendors.
- Liaise with vendors and negotiate and coordinate contracts for new and existing plans.
- Evaluate the efficiency and value of current benefit programs and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with payroll and ensure that employer contributions and payroll deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and create records, reports, and documentation in accordance with federal, state, and provider regulations.
Benefits Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, finance, or a related field.
- Two years of experience as a Benefits Administrator or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of relevant policies and regulations.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Be a team player.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources