Benefits Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a skilled benefits specialist to join the HR department of our organization. You will administrate our employee benefits program, ensuring that employees are able to enroll for pension and health insurance options and that they know how their benefits work.
To be successful in this position, the benefits specialist should have excellent organizational skills and a solid understanding of various benefits processes. Top candidates will also be strong communicators, able to explain relevant legal and tax information to employees.
Benefits Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensuring employees know what benefits are offered by the company.
- Assisting employees with the enrollment process for savings and insurance schemes.
- Answering any questions employees have about their benefits.
- Communicating with insurance and savings providers to resolve issues.
- Conducting presentations that educate employees about their benefits.
- Informing employees about any changes to the benefits structure.
- Ensuring the company's benefits and leave-of-absence policies comply with the law.
- Keeping up-to-date records of each employee's benefits profile.
- Calculating what the cost to company is for each benefit offered.
Benefits Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in human resources.
- Experience working in human resources and benefits management.
- CEBS, CMS, or GBA certification preferred.
- Strong computer literacy and experience with payroll software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized work ethic.