Interview Questions for Benefits Specialists:
1. Can you tell us how many days of maternity leave are prescribed by law?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of laws applicable to employee benefits.
2. What procedures do you follow to enroll new employees for benefits?
Tests the candidate's understanding of enrollment processes.
3. What is the difference between 401(k) and 403(b) pension plans?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of different retirement policies.
4. What payroll software have you used in the past?
Tests the candidate's ability to use your company's payroll software.
5. Which methods have you used to educate employees about their benefits?
Tests the candidate's ability to explain benefits to employees in a meaningful way.