Bankruptcy Paralegals assist lawyers with preparing legal documents and conducting research related to bankruptcy cases. They interview clients, review bankruptcy claims, and draft bankruptcy-related documents. They are also required to file legal documents at the Bankruptcy Court.
When interviewing Bankruptcy Paralegals, look for candidates with demonstrable knowledge of state-prescribed bankruptcy procedures and related work experience. Be wary of candidates who lack knowledge of pertinent electronic filing systems and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Bankruptcy Paralegals:
1. In your experience, why might bankruptcy proceedings be postponed?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and their insight into bankruptcy proceedings.
2. How would you assist a creditor to prepare a Proof of Claim?
Assesses the candidate's experience and whether they would avoid potential pitfalls.
3. What is required to file a case on the U.S. Federal Bankruptcy Courts System?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience with applicable electronic case filing software and their knowledge of the required documentation and information.
4. Can you tell me how you go about researching bankruptcy case law?
Reveals the candidate's experience with research and whether they would consult appropriate legal resources.
5. Can you explain your way of keeping clients informed on their cases?
Tests the candidate's communication and organizational skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources