Bankruptcy Paralegals provide paralegal support to lawyers who represent creditors or debtors in bankruptcy proceedings. Their responsibilities include obtaining credit reports, interviewing clients, and preparing documents required for the bankruptcy process.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable Bankruptcy Paralegal to assist our lawyers with bankruptcy proceedings. In this role, your duties will include drafting documents, filing motions, and conducting legal research. You will also be required to keep clients informed on progress made with their cases.
To ensure success as a Bankruptcy Paralegal, you should possess experience in a similar role and knowledge of bankruptcy procedures applicable to the state. An outstanding Bankruptcy Paralegal will be a highly organized team player who provides excellent support to Bankruptcy Lawyers.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Processing, drafting, and filing bankruptcy-related documents.
- Reviewing and analyzing bankruptcy claims.
- Gathering information from creditors, debtors, trustees, and court clerks.
- Reporting to Bankruptcy Lawyers.
- Interviewing clients and keeping them informed of progress made with their cases.
- Obtaining credit reports and writing Proofs of Claim.
- Conducting legal research on bankruptcy-related issues.
- Submitting legal documents to the Bankruptcy Court in a timely manner.
- Maintaining hard copy files, as well as filing and monitoring cases on electronic platforms.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or completion of a post-secondary program with law-related coursework.
- State-approved accredited Paralegal certification.
- 2 years of Paralegal work experience with a specialization in bankruptcy cases.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, as well as national, federal, and state-specific bankruptcy procedures.
- Extensive experience in preparing legal documents related to bankruptcy cases.
- Experience in the electronic filing of cases on the U. S. Federal Bankruptcy Courts Electronic Case Filing System.
- Ability to collaborate with Bankruptcy Lawyers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct legal research, keep clients informed, and adhere to submission deadlines.
- Ability to perform large volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational, recordkeeping, and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources