Baggage Porter Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated baggage porter to take responsibility for making our guests feel at home. The baggage porter will show guests to their rooms and ensure that the rooms have been prepared correctly and that all utilities are working. If any appliances are not working, you should bring that to the maintenance department's attention.
Candidates for this position should be detail-oriented and friendly. Baggage porters should be well acquainted with the cities they work in, have a professional demeanor, and be client-oriented.
Baggage Porter Responsibilities:
- Meeting and greeting guests at the entrance to the hotel.
- Assisting with the offloading and carrying of baggage from the car to the check-in counter.
- Showing guests to their rooms after check-in and showing them how to use all the utilities in the rooms.
- Checking that all utilities in the rooms are in perfect working condition.
- Reporting faulty utilities and equipment to maintenance for repair.
- Arranging taxis or other transport for guests.
- Running errands for guests within the hotel.
- Providing information on tourist attractions and other places of interest to guests on request.
- Ensuring that the lobby of the hotel is neat and tidy throughout the day.
- Assisting guests to check-out at the end of their stay and carrying baggage to the transport.
Baggage Porter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Great knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside of the job description.
- Attention to detail.
- Courteous and well-mannered.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Able to carry weights of more than 55 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long hours.