Interview Questions for Baggage Porters:
1. Which tourist attractions would you recommend to first-time visitors?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of the city and nearby tourist attractions.
2. What would you do if, after showing the guests to their room, you find that none of the utilities in the room work?
Tests the candidate's problem-solving abilities as well as client service and innovative thinking skills.
3. How would you assist a guest in a wheelchair or with other physical disabilities?
Reveals the candidate's sensitivity towards the needs of guests with disabilities, as well as their service delivery experience.
4. Have you ever had to fix something small at your home or previous job?
Evaluates the candidate's ability to handle small issues on their own.
5. How would you respond if a client asks you to arrange tickets to a sold-out opera?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of events happening in the city and their willingness to try and assist guests.