AZ Drivers are employed by companies to perform deliveries within or outside of Canada using heavy-duty trucks permitted to carry goods in excess of 4,600kg. They perform inspections of the designated company truck, ensure that it is clean and well maintained, and inform dispatchers of all completed deliveries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
AZ Driver Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a reliable and hard-working AZ Driver to transport goods to customers in a timely manner. The AZ Driver's responsibilities include safely securing goods to prevent damage, identifying ways to minimize fuel consumption where possible, as well as supervising the safe loading and unloading of goods onto and off the company truck. You should also be able to maintain a record of all maintenance activities and repairs performed on the company truck.
To be successful as an AZ Driver, you should be knowledgeable of road safety regulations and able to concentrate for extended periods. Ultimately, an outstanding AZ Driver should be able to comply with company policies as well as demonstrate exceptional communication, time management, and problem-solving skills.
AZ Driver Responsibilities:
- Transporting goods safely to and from specified locations.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all pick-ups and drop-offs, rest periods, mileage covered, fuel consumption, and toll fees.
- Ensuring that the company truck is labeled with the correct hazard class placard when transporting dangerous goods.
- Appropriately planning driving routes to ensure that goods are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Regularly inspecting and maintaining the company truck to ensure that it is roadworthy.
- Regularly communicating with company dispatchers to inform them of completed deliveries and delays.
- Washing and cleaning the company truck as needed to maintain high standards of cleanliness.
- Promptly notifying the supervisor of any major mechanical issues, traffic violations, and accidents involving the company truck.
AZ Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid AZ driver's license.
- A clean driving record.
- Proven experience driving heavy-duty trucks.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- The ability to utilize GPS devices and road maps.
- Strong driving skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources