Assistant Site Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic assistant site manager to join our construction team. As an assistant site manager, you will report to our site manager. Your duties will include negotiating subcontractor agreements, ensuring that project deadlines are met, and relaying important instructions to the construction team.
To be successful as an assistant site manager, you should demonstrate extensive experience in managing construction project resources and budgets under the supervision of senior site managers. Outstanding Assistant Site Managers are proactive in avoiding construction delays and unnecessary expenses.
Assistant Site Manager Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the site manager or other senior project managers as required.
- Ensuring that requirements, as specified by the client and senior management, are met.
- Monitoring labor, building material, and equipment budgets and curbing unnecessary expenses.
- Supervising on-site construction work and relaying instructions from senior project managers.
- Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates.
- Procuring materials, labor, and equipment, as well as third-party subcontractors and suppliers.
- Preparing work schedules and sequencing onsite tasks.
- Collaborating with other construction project stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring that construction industry safety regulations are followed.
Assistant Site Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, project management, or similar.
- 2-5 years experience in assisting site managers with construction projects.
- Exceptional ability to monitor construction project budgets and deadlines.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and electronic project management systems, such as Buildertrend and Procore.
- Experience in relaying detailed instructions to onsite construction teams.
- Advanced negotiation skills to procure cost-effective subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other construction project stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in a deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of construction industry safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.