Assistant Site Managers assist site managers to ensure that construction projects are completed on schedule and within budget. They monitor construction costs, negotiate deals with subcontractors and vendors, and oversee laborers. They are also required to ensure the availability of building materials and equipment.
When interviewing Assistant Site Managers, look for candidates who demonstrate experience in working under the supervision of construction project managers and performing under pressure. Avoid candidates who lack experience in monitoring expenses and those who struggle to collaborate with others.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Assistant Site Managers:
1. What do you find is the most challenging part of assisting site managers?
Tests whether the candidate’s knowledge and experience align with the job requirements.
2. Can you explain your approach to motivating laborers to meet a deadline?
Assesses the candidate’s leadership skills and strengths.
3. Can you tell me about a time when you contributed to a huge saving in costs?
Demonstrates industry experience and also potential weaknesses.
4. A client finds you onsite and complains about subcontractor costs. What do you do?
Evaluates communication skills, as well as the candidate's knowledge of appropriate procedures.
5. Can you describe a time when you disagreed with a colleague? What happened?
Reveals interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources