Assistant Engineers work on a range of engineering projects and report to the Senior Engineer. They may be employed in civil, chemical, electrical, or manufacturing engineering fields and typically assist with the design, development, and evaluation of processes and products.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled and detail-oriented Assistant Engineer to join our team. The Assistant Engineer’s responsibilities include completing all tasks assigned by the Senior Engineer, safely operating equipment, and working alongside other engineers in the planning, design, development, and evaluation stages of projects. You should be able to diagnose problems and follow instructions in fast-paced environments.
To be successful as an Assistant Engineer, you should be passionate about your engineering discipline and demonstrate strong logical and critical thinking skills. Outstanding candidates are able to keep track of project expenses, write detailed reports, and ensure consistent quality assurance standards.
Assistant Engineer Responsibilities:
- Understanding and carrying out all tasks given by the Senior Engineer.
- Collaborating with other engineers and workers to design, develop, test, and improve products and engineering processes.
- Ensuring all expenses stay within the allocated budget.
- Performing regular inspections of equipment and scheduling maintenance or repairs.
- Providing assistance to different staff or engineering teams.
- Inspecting inventory and reporting inconsistencies as well as ordering more materials.
- Producing CAD drawings according to specifications.
- Evaluating all products and processes and ensuring standardization of quality assurance measures.
- Participating in various learning experiences, which may include attending workshops and training sessions.
- Calibrating and troubleshooting equipment as required.
Assistant Engineer Requirements:
- An Associate’s degree in the relevant Engineering discipline.
- A Bachelor’s degree may be preferred.
- A completed apprenticeship or similar experience is recommended.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Practical experience using CAD software may be required.
- Ability to follow instructions and to collaborate with others.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources