Assistant Engineers are employed in civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing engineering. They form part of a team and provide support to Senior Engineers. Duties may vary, but they typically design and carry out procedures, develop quality assurance methods, prepare CAD drawings, and assist engineering teams.
When interviewing Assistant Engineers, look for candidates who are able to use equipment and machinery efficiently and also have good troubleshooting skills. Be wary of candidates who seem lethargic and unwilling to admit to mistakes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Assistant Engineers:
1. A piece of equipment stops working. How do you proceed?
Reveals knowledge of troubleshooting, as well as problem-solving skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
2. How do you help ensure a project stays within the allocated budget?
Tests planning skills, knowledge of budgeting, as well as resource management abilities.
3. Describe a time when you were unable to diagnose a problem. What happened?
Reveals the candidate’s troubleshooting skills and willingness to ask for help, as well as his or her ability to act appropriately under pressure.
4. How would you communicate with someone in a noisy factory?
Tests creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. Can you describe a time when your suggestion streamlined an engineering process?
Tests observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources