Interview Questions for Assistant Engineers:
1. A piece of equipment stops working. How do you proceed?
Reveals knowledge of troubleshooting, as well as problem-solving skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
2. How do you help ensure a project stays within the allocated budget?
Tests planning skills, knowledge of budgeting, as well as resource management abilities.
3. Describe a time when you were unable to diagnose a problem. What happened?
Reveals the candidate’s troubleshooting skills and willingness to ask for help, as well as his or her ability to act appropriately under pressure.
4. How would you communicate with someone in a noisy factory?
Tests creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. Can you describe a time when your suggestion streamlined an engineering process?
Tests observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.