Art Therapists integrate art with psychotherapeutic techniques to help patients cope with medical and psychological conditions, trauma, and addictions. They tailor art therapy sessions to meet patients’ needs, discuss patients’ artwork with them, and document patients’ progress.
When interviewing Art Therapists, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate a personable nature, the ability to interpret visual art, and excellent analytical skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication and problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Art Therapists:
1. What are the advantages of art therapy over conventional psychotherapy?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
2. What are some of the common misconceptions regarding art therapy?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the role.
3. What measures do you take to ensure that you don’t become too involved in patients' problems?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to remain impartial while providing appropriate care.
4. How would you encourage a resistant or fearful patient to participate in art therapy?
Demonstrates the candidate's patience, compassion, communication skills, and ability to gain patients’ trust.
5. How do you tailor art therapy sessions to meet patients’ needs?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, creativity, analytical skills, and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources