Interview Questions for Apprentice Plumbers:
1. Can you give me an example of a time when you helped the plumber by thinking out of the box?
Demonstrates candidates' creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
2. Describe a time when you successfully learned how to use a new piece of equipment on the job. What were the circumstances?
Highlights candidates' willingness to learn on the job.
3. How do you balance following instructions with independent thinking?
Determines if candidates have a cooperative attitude.
4. What do you think is the best way to measure, cut, thread, and assemble a new pipe?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and work experience.
5. What would you include in a cost estimate for a complete bathroom overhaul?
Shows candidates' industry knowledge and critical thinking skills.