Apprentice Plumbers assist the Plumber and perform many of the same duties, such as fixing or replacing plumbing fixtures, unclogging drains, and repairing or replacing pipes. They will work under the Plumber on more complex jobs but may work on their own for simpler jobs.
When interviewing Apprentice Plumbers, look for candidates who show strong manual dexterity and math skills as well as a willingness to learn. Avoid candidates who demonstrate a lack of customer service skills and those who seem unable to follow instructions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Apprentice Plumbers:
1. Can you give me an example of a time when you helped the Plumber by thinking out of the box?
Demonstrates candidates' creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
2. Describe a time when you successfully learned how to use a new piece of equipment on the job. What were the circumstances?
Highlights candidates' willingness to learn on the job.
3. How do you balance following instructions with independent thinking?
Determines if candidates have a cooperative attitude.
4. What do you think is the best way to measure, cut, thread, and assemble a new pipe?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and work experience.
5. What would you include in a cost estimate for a complete bathroom overhaul?
Shows candidates' industry knowledge and critical thinking skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources